For Teacher Training Students in Mathematics
Mentor for Teacher Training Students in Mathematics
- +49 241 80 94529
- Send Email
The Department of Mathematics has initiated their own mentoring program, in order to provide students in the teacher training program with advice and support specific to the program. The mentoring program is especially intended for first-year students. Participation is on a voluntary basis. However we strongly advise using this opportunity.
A mathematician from the deparment and independent of any chair serves as the mentor. All conversations are strictly confidential and fall under an obligation of confidentiality. The mentor, Patricia Kreig, has professional, management, and personal experience. Her additional skills include being a University-certified data protection officer and a psychological counselor.
Particular attention is paid to the separation of technical (professors, assistents, academic advisors, and tutors) and personal (mentor) matters, in order to best help you in all areas.
The mentor can support and advise you in the following topics:
- Orientation or guidance
- Self management, e.g. establishing and structuring priorities
- Decision making
- Work methods for more efficient learning
- Tips for presenting in seminars
- Problems, conflicts, and mediation
- Ways to develop management skills for educators
- Creating interest groups through events and discussion groups
- Integration into existing networks
- Practical tips for achieving your goals
- Self reflection to better recognize and assess your own abilities
- Social and communication skills training
Our mentoring program distinguishes itself from others, in that it is supplemental to course material and is tailored to the needs of future teachers.
Office hours, per appointment, during the below hours Monday to Sunday.
From monday to friday, 9am to 6pm by phone.